Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Age!

"Have you been guilty of looking at others your own age and


thinking...surely I cannot look that old? Read on...this is funny.





While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new


dentist, I noticed his certificate, which bore his full name.





Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had


been in my high school class some 30 years ago. Upon seeing him, however,I


quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the


deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he had


examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local high school.





'Yes,' he replied.





'When did you graduate?' I asked.





He answered, 'In 1971. Why?'





'You were in my class!' I exclaimed.





He looked at me closely and then asked, 'What did you teach?'"

No comments: