Friday, February 18, 2005

The Last Words Spoken By Famous People At Death,


The Last Words Spoken
By Famous People At Death,
Or Shortly Before Dying...

Hey Ram
Mahatma Gandhi

I'm bored with it all.
Before slipping into a coma. He died 9 days later.
Winston Churchill, statesman, d. January 24, 1965

Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.
To her housekeeper, who had begun to pray aloud.
Joan Crawford, actress, d. May 10, 1977

Am I dying or is this my birthday?
When she woke briefly during her last illness and found all her family
around her bedside.
Lady Nancy Astor, d. 1964

Nothing, but death.
When asked by her sister, Cassandra, if there was anything she wanted.
Jane Austen, writer, d. July 18, 1817

Now comes the mystery.
Henry Ward Beecher, evangelist, d. March 8, 1887

Let's cool it brothers . . .
Spoken to his assassins, 3 men who shot him 16 times.
Malcolm X, Black leader, d. 1966

Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough.
To his housekeeper, who urged him to tell her his last words so she
could write them down for posterity.
Karl Marx, revolutionary, d. 1883

I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn it - died in
a hotel room.
Eugene O'Neill, writer, d. November 27, 1953

I am not the least afraid to die.
Charles Darwin, d. April 19, 1882

My God. What's happened?( mujhe is par shaq hai) :)
Diana (Spencer), Princess of Wales, d. August 31, 1997

No, I shall not give in. I shall go on. I shall work to the end.
Edward VII, King of Britain, d. 1910

I've never felt better.
Douglas Fairbanks, Sr., actor, d. December 12, 1939

Yes, it's tough, but not as tough as doing comedy.
When asked if he thought dying was tough.
Edmund Gwenn, actor, d. September 6, 1959

Friends applaud, the comedy is finished.
Ludwig van Beethoven, composer, d. March 26, 1827

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
Humphrey Bogart, actor, d. January 14, 1957

I owe much; I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor.
François Rabelais, writer, d. 1553

I have a terrific headache.
He died of a cerebral hemorrhage.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, US President, d. 1945

Put out the light.
Theodore Roosevelt, US President, d. 1919

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . .
Killed in battle during US Civil War.
General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864

Oh, I am not going to die, am I? He will not separate us, we have been
so happy.
Spoken to her husband of 9 months, Rev. Arthur Nicholls.
Charlotte Bronte, writer, d. March 31, 1855

Beautiful.
In reply to her husband who had asked how she felt.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning, writer, d. June 28, 1861

Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight.
Lord George Byron, writer, d. 1824

A King should die standing.
Louis XVIII, King of France, d. 1824

Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?
Louis XIV, King of France, d. 1715

I am a Queen, but I have not the power to move my arms.
Louise, Queen of Prussia, d. 1820

Too late for fruit, too soon for flowers.
Walter De La Mare, writer, d. 1956

I am curious to see what happens in the next world to one who dies
unshriven.
Giving his reasons for refusing to see a priest as he lay dying.
Pietro Perugino, Italian painter, d. 1523

Lord help my poor soul.
Edgar Allan Poe, writer, d. October 7, 1849

I love you Sarah. For all eternity, I love you.
Spoken to his wife.
James K. Polk, US President, d. 1849

Here am I, dying of a hundred good symptoms.
Alexander Pope, writer, d. May 30, 1744

Sister, you're trying to keep me alive as an old curiosity, but I'm
done, I'm finished, I'm going to die.
Spoken to his nurse.
George Bernard Shaw, playwright, d. November 2, 1950

God bless... God damn.
James Thurber, humorist, d. 1961

I feel here that this time they have succeeded.
Leon Trotsky, Russian revolutionary, d. 1940

I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the
quality it should have.
Leonardo da Vinci, artist, d. 1519

I die hard but am not afraid to go.
George Washington, US President, d. December 14, 1799

Go away. I'm all right.
H. G. Wells, novelist, d. 1946

Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.
Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Curtain! Fast music! Light! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show
looks good, the show looks good!
Florenz Ziegfeld, showman, d. July 22, 1932

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting ones